Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Add to Calendar

senseichavez
Explorer C

Look forward to the fix...still not working.  Tried again today.  Thank you all for the replies.

deanbruin
Explorer C

This is beyond frustrating.

As an A-List Preferred member and regular business traveler, I live off of my calendar. I know this may sounds like a small glitch to the Southwest team, but it deteriorates the experience. Having months go by without a resolution is unacceptable. In all the years I have traveled with Southwest, this has been my only gripe. I would rather get dragged off a United flight, at least I would know that I have a flight when I check my calendar.

SWFlyer100K
Explorer C

Nancy:

Any update or attention to this issue?  It is very frustrating to have 8 trips booked, and the feature not work to add them to the calendar.  Adding them manually is quite tedious!

Thanks!

deanbruin
Explorer C

Nancy:

What's the ETA? 1 week? 1 month? 3 months?

What's the goal, besides simply ASAP?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, for technical issues (frequent and many), Southwest never gives a timeline for the fix. All they'll ever say is that they are "working on it."

Southwest is not known for having particularly robust IT, or for timely response to issues that occur.

The inability for some customers outside the US to access the website is an issue they have been "working on" for nearly two years now. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for a speedy resolution of any particular tech issue.

Sometimes they'll say an issue is "fixed," when it turns out later that it's actually not. The recent A-Lister "glitch" is a good example.

Also, be aware that, with some minor exceptions, reps don't really participate here much. Your best bet if you'd like an "official" response is to reach out to Southwest directly. My recommendation for the quickest reply is via Twitter.

Explorer C

Agree, this fix has taken much too long.  More suprisingly, from what I can tell, no one from SWA has posted this workaround either on this board or within the resulting error message.

Anyway, from the email confirmation select <View my itenerary> in the upper right.  Then, select <Add to calendar> in the upper right of the web page.  Few more steps, but gets it into your calendar.

jan8776
Explorer A

Come on SW....you are so great on everything but this is really taking way too long.  You always had this function and now seems like you are not making it a priority.

GEt it fixed, please

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jan8776,

I know it's frustrating that the calendar feature isn't working. I assure you we do have folks working on it, and we're hoping to have a fix in place soon. We understand this is a priority for our Customers and I'm sorry for the delay. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

While this is a priority for customers, it clearly is not a priority for Southwest's IT team. It's been down for almost two months now. Any IT department that can't return functionality to a previously working feature in that amount of time is of questionable abilities.

But if you've been paying attention, you already knew that.

😞

bsalokar
Explorer C

Can you give a more specific date for the fix. I love SWA but absolutely hate this issue!