Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Add to Calendar

sb2119
Explorer C

Lindsey please stop lying to us. This issue has been going on for so long. No one is fixing anything. I've called, emailed, etc. and no one wants to fix it. Its a critical feature for alot of us with busy schedules. This is not a hard issue to fix. Give a real timeline. Stop saying we are working on it for every post. Just say we don't care about this enough to dedicate resources to it and people will stop posting. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@sb2119 Just because Southwest's timeline of "working on it" doesn't meet your expectations does not mean anyone is lying.  I get that you REALLY like this feature, it sucks that it doesn't work.  If you've given up hope and are convinced no one at SW cares then that's fine, move on and perhaps some day you'll be pleasantly surprised to see it works.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

One does have to question the abilities of an airline to function without even basic IT support. And one certainly hopes that critical systems such as safety and navigation aren't being serviced by the same inept IT department.

Seriously, these numerous, recurring "glitches" are troubling. If this were any other company, except for Southwest with its well-doucmented, notorious IT history (for the most part ignored or dismissed by shareholders), they would be indicative of major management issues needing immediate attention.

But this is Southwest. So just be "pleasantly surprised" when something actually works correctly. 😉

snurfzup
Explorer C

I'm not sure exactly which "add to calendar" feature everyone is refering to here.

If your login email address is a gmail address it will automatically update the data to your iPhone "Calendar" app.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@LindseyD @jan8776 this worked for me on my booking yesterday, I think schedule downloads may be back in action.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Verified that the Add to Calendar function is working again!

dokimoto
Explorer C

Adding a flight to my calendar

How to I change the default calendar selection?

It automatically outlook and I need to change it to a new calendar.

larryb0773
Explorer C

I haven't been able to "add to my calendar" since late June. I've been on the phone with a Southwest service representative several times including tonight and keep being told it's the first they've heard there's a problem. I live by my calendar and can't keep operating like this...It's time to look 👀 at JetBlue!Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 11.05.23 PM.png

tcuzzillo
Explorer C

I think it's been down since before June. Doesn't SW pay its IT people going rates? Or does SW simply not regard this as a priority?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@tcuzzillo wrote:

I think it's been down since before June. Doesn't SW pay its IT people going rates? Or does SW simply not regard this as a priority?

Sadly, competent IT has never been a priority for Southwest. Their systems have been cobbled together and systematically patched over and over throughout the years, often by outside 3rd parties working under short, limited contracts. Which is how "glitches" like this -- and the many others -- happen, and frequently. Remember the huge IT meltdown last year?