Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Adding married name to my rapid rewards account

redhair330
Explorer C

I am having the same problem.  This definitely does not feel very customer-friendly.  I called and got an email address that did not work.  My name has changed from Kramer to Widger.  I am a little disappointed that Southwest has this many hoops for customers to do something this simple and common.  What do I need to do to make this happen?

Update 1/7/18: I contacted Southwest through their Twitter account, and got a response in just a few hours.  It was super easy and they were really friendly!  It does feel a little weird to send info through Twitter, but it worked for me!

GeeWilson
Explorer C

I sent an instant message but doesn't look like anyone is monitoring the FB messages at the moment. I will wait to see if I hear back from someone & then maybe try tweeting? This should be WAY easier, folks!

cjaysthings
Explorer C

You need to send a copy of both your old and new ID with marriage liscense to swacr@wnco.com.  Include your rapid rewards number and contact info.  I received an acknowledgement email. I'm just wating for confirmation that it has been changed.  It did say that it could take up to 30 days.

aearick
Explorer C

We have to use a social media account to send our private personl information to Southwest to get the name change completed? This is completely ridiculous!