Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Anniversary points

Caitiemayhugh
Explorer C

When do anniversary points typically post? I got my card in February of 2016 and I believe that my first statement was March of 2016. I’m ready to book a trip and I’d like to wait for those points. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Anniversary points

kmlipinski
Adventurer C

My RR points are updated once a month, around the 15th.

nater
Explorer C

Hi Caitiemayhugh,

I have the same question. I have been unable to locate when my Anniversary Points will post to my Rapid Rewards account. Looking back through my Recent Activity I am unable to decipher when this was posted in the previous year. It looks like all credit card points are bundled together. I have called Southwest and Chase and still I'm still unable to validate when Anniversary Points will post.

franktravel
Aviator B

The information is on your Chase Credit Card Statement. Look on page one "Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Card Summary" This is a list of where all points came from for the month."Anniversary Points" would be listed if they were applied for this billing cycle

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@franktravel wrote:

The information is on your Chase Credit Card Statement. Look on page one "Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Card Summary" This is a list of where all points came from for the month."Anniversary Points" would be listed if they were applied for this billing cycle

So clarifying on this one - the anniversary points won't be a line item online in rapid rewards activity, they would be combined into the monthly total including spending when looking on Southwest's Rapid Rewards recent activity?

So: look for a month that is 6,000 points higher than expected and check your Chase statement for that month if you aren't sure which month it is.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Caitiemayhugh wrote:

When do anniversary points typically post? I got my card in February of 2016 and I believe that my first statement was March of 2016. I’m ready to book a trip and I’d like to wait for those points. 

EDIT:  correction below (thanks @chgoflyer) that this helps you find the spending bonus points that are TQP, not the anniversary bonus which is not TQP.

Go to your account recent activity:

https://www.southwest.com/myaccount/rapid-rewards/recent-activity/details

...then filter by year to date or prior year, tier qualifying points, and credit card - these will likely be the only TQP that show up as sourced from credit card so it will be easy to see them show up in a nice even number, probably 1,500 points.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@Caitiemayhugh wrote:

...then filter by year to date or prior year, tier qualifying points, and credit card - these will likely be the only TQP that show up as sourced from credit card so it will be easy to see them show up in a nice even number, probably 1,500 points.

Anniversary points are not tier qualifying.

The only Credit Card points that are TQPs are the 1,500 you can receive after each $10,000 spend with the Premier or Priority cards.

You could filter by Companion Pass Qualifying Points but that doesn't really reduce the options very much.

Currently, anniversary point amounts are the following (although there may be cardholders out there grandfathered into older offers who receive different amounts anniversary of points):

Plus Card: 3,000

Premier Card: 6,000

Priority Card: 7,000

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@Caitiemayhugh wrote:

Anniversary points are not tier qualifying.

The only Credit Card points that are TQPs are the 1,500 you can receive after each $10,000 spend with the Premier or Priority cards.

You could filter by Companion Pass Qualifying Points but that doesn't really reduce the options very much.

Currently, anniversary point amounts are the following (although there may be cardholders out there grandfathered into older offers who receive different amounts anniversary of points):

Plus Card: 3,000

Premier Card: 6,000

Priority Card: 7,000

Whoops, that's correct, I mixed up these two functions - those were the spending bonus and not the anniversary points.

And I can't find mine separately identified either, it must be mixed into the total for the credit card during that period.  There is one that is substantially higher than other months - I expect if I go back to the Chase statement it will be in that statement. 

Sorry about that mixup!

marketingtwins
Explorer C

I have looked over my statement for the past 2 years and I do not see any large number of points. I do not earn that many monthly points, so ANYTHING above 1000 would be a clue...but I don't see anything. But I am supposedto be getting 6000 at anniversary .... where is my anniversary listed? I don't see it on my profile. All I see is "since 2008" but that's it. 

I"m assuming I'm getting the points or will but I don't know when to expect them. Would be nice so I can plan . . . 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Your Southwest account shows all points earned and used. Your anniversary points would show up there.