Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Anytime fare

osu298
Explorer C

Good morning !  I have any anytime one way fare booked for  March. The flight is in the evening at 8pm this time I would prefer though to take the 2pm flight if my schedule allows. I will not know if I can make the 2pm flight until the last minute. Per the fare rules it says I can change to a different time if there is a seat. My question is how do you go about doing this ? Can it be done on the app or do you have to call? I would prefer not to just show up at the airport only to possibly find out the 2pm flight is full . Thank you so much !

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anytime fare

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You can wait until you do know, and then log on to make the change yourself. (assuming seats are available) You'd be responsible for any fare change  - but since you are dealing with an Anytime fare, the change is likely to be small or be nothing.  Of course if you do this less than 24 hours before departure, then you'll likely get an undesirable boarding position.

The other option is to go to the airport and fly standby. You might, or might not get a seat. Likewise the outcome is likely to be an undesirable boarding position.

Re: Anytime fare

osu298
Explorer C

thanks a lot for the explanation ! I appreciate it