Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booked a car rental through autoslash.com / how do I get the RR bonus points?

spleeft
Explorer C

Hello, I wnat to make sure I get the "bonus" points from my Car rental at Dollar car rental. Ive booked it through Autoslash .com . The price I get if I book it through the Southwest Rapis Rewards "Offers" page is about ~35% higher.  

Its basically comes down to paying ~ $240 on Auto slash vs $360 through Southwest, but Southwest claims Ill get 1200 bonus points.

In the past Ive been at the counter of a Southwest RR parnter ( car rental ) and mentioned that I want to make sure I get my Rapid Rewards points and they really had no idea what I was talking about ( I had booked the rental through the car rental web site...not the Southwest RR web site...does it make a difference? )

Any help on this subject would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Booked a car rental through autoslash.com / how do I get the RR bonus points?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

HI 

I would be very careful when booking!  You are going to want to read the fine print.  Here is just some of what that prmo says.

Use promotion code 100389 to save 10% and earn 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points on all Mid-size, Full-size, and SUV rentals with Dollar Rent A Car.

Valid at participating Dollar airport locations. This offer is valid on rentals through January 31, 2018. Available only on Southwest.com. Be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at time of reservation to receive your points.

When booking a car from the the Southwest website home page always click on Special offers. 

Then cars specials.  The price is always cheaper then clicking on Flight/Hotel/Car.

Its always free to reserve a car well in advance on the Southwest website and easy cancel/rebook but I can tell you from experience the price always goes down when it gets close to your rental date.  I have saved hundreds on rentals this way.  I always use Alamo and my points post the day after I return the rental.  Their self serve kiosks at the rental counters allow you to skip long lines.

Good Luck! 

Re: Booked a car rental through autoslash.com / how do I get the RR bonus points?

spleeft
Explorer C

Thank you .....very helpfullSmiley Happy