Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking Hotel with rapid rewards

jtylera53
Explorer C

I cannot seem to find any way to redeem my rapid rewards points for a Hotel Stay. I have the SWA credit card. Anybody have any experience with this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Booking Hotel with rapid rewards

chgoflyer
Aviator A

To book a hotel using your Rapid Rewards points, you need to use the More Rewards function (available only to Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa cardholders.)

First, Log in to the Southwest website, and under Rapid Rewards, click on More Rewards. Near the upper right hand corner, under Travel click on Hotels and Resorts. That will load a page with many options including gift cards, click on Book Travel Now, then choose Hotels from the top menu bar.

Good luck!

jtylera53
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply. This is the right way to do it, but for some reason SWA.com doesnt recognize that I have the credit card, so it will not give me the same options as most credit card holders.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'd suggest you reach out to Southwest Customer Service regarding making sure your credit card is linked to your Rapid Rewards account. Your best bet for the quickest reply is via Twitter.

Southwest Airlines: Verified account @SouthwestAir

You can also call More Rewards:

To place an order or to inquire about existing orders call 800-833-4861 from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jtylera53,

If you've found any of @chgoflyer's answers to be helpful, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. It will help any other folks who have a similar question find the answer.