Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Business Card vs Personal Card - Preferential treatment to business customer on posting points

travelnut
Explorer C

Hi all:

I applied and received both a business and personal SWA credit card throught chase.  I followed the process carefully and  received my bonus points for the business card a few days after my statement close in January.   Not so with the personal card even the statement close was a few days earlier than the business card.

The personal card still has not posted the bonus points and I was told that it can take 6-8 weeks.

I was hoping to use my companion pass asap.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Why is  the points for the business card posted immediately - but SWA takes 6-8 weeks for the personal card.

Seems business card holders are getting better treatment.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Business Card vs Personal Card - Preferential treatment to business customer on posting points

franktravel
Aviator B

It's all on the Chase Credit Card side,  They are the ones who send over the points to Southwest Airlines to post. 

Re: Business Card vs Personal Card - Preferential treatment to business customer on posting points

travelnut
Explorer C

Chase has sent over the miles.  I checked but they are not posted on SWA even though the close date of the state was a few days earlier than the business card.

travelnut
Explorer C

Chase has sent over the miles.  I checked  and it says they have been transferred to SWA but they are not posted on MY RAPID REWARDS even though the close date of the billing was a few days earlier than the business card.  The business card points posted right away. HMMMM

UPDATE

travelnut
Explorer C

Just  learned this is a know "problem"at SWA.  Any points awarded with a statement date of January 1 or 2, have not received points.  They are "working on a technical"problem.

Seems statement close dates of January 3 or beyond are ok.