Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Business credit card no more?

rpoplin
Adventurer C

Southwest has removed the business credit card from their site and chase no longer allows you to apply. Has there been any mention of this ending? When I call customer service they have no clue why it’s gone. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Business credit card no more?

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hm, I don't know about Business, but I get RR Plus credit card offers from Southwest all the time. I just got one this morning, in fact, and the offer expires August 12.

--Jessica

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey,

The cards are showing on Chase's site: https://creditcards.chase.com/southwest/home.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

rpoplin
Adventurer C

It wont let you apply. I am going into a Chase branch to check.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I believe most, if not all, Chase branches are temporarily closed due to the pandemic. 

My understanding is that approvals for Chase business card applications have been tightened significantly. 

Many banks have cut way back on their lending and line for credit offerings due to the pandemic.

dfwskier
Aviator A

It's my understanding that banks have tightened up credit requirements for most credit products: credit cards, mortgages, lines of credit, etc. So although interest rates are at all time lows, lots of people can't qualify for the products.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It does appear that links to the business card applications are no longer available.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi everyone, I reached out to Chase, and they said Customers interested in applying should visit the below link for available options.

https://creditcards.chase.com/business-credit-cards

Hope that helps!

Nicole
Community Manager

rpoplin
Adventurer C
Solution

The link is now active again. It was down for 2 weeks. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

To be clear: In order to apply for a Chase Business Credit Card (including the Southwest Rapid Rewards card) you need to have an existing relationship with Chase. To apply, follow the link above, which will require you to log into your Chase account(s) before presenting an application link.

Be aware that approvals for business cards have been significantly restricted by Chase since April.