Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Buy tickets for the whole family with points

jr_colon
Explorer C

Hello, we’ve enough points for a small trip, but, how do I use them? Because I went to the site and select points instead of dollars, and it show me the flight and the total in points that I need person (which I’ve), but the thing is, do I’ve to do this one by one for all 4 members of my family? Looks that way, but then when I’m doing the check-in I’;; have to do 4 check-ins instead of one, arghhhh. Is there a way where I can select all 4 passengers at the same time? The same I do when I pay with $$$$ ??? I could transfer all the points to my account, but then I’ve to pay for that, because I check the transfer points and it ask me for my credit card, everything, is there any simple way of doing this or do I need to do it one by one? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buy tickets for the whole family with points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Testing a reservation myself now it is letting me book for four people at once with points. 

Can you double-check that it didn't reset the number of people in the reservation when you clicked from dollars to points?

Are any of the tickets based on age restrictions?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@jr_colon

Are you trying to book using points from multiple accounts like child's account for child's ticket your account for your ticket and so on? If so you would need to book individually or you could transfer the points if you want everyone on 1 confirmation number but that would be costly ($10 per 1,000 to transfer) so you would be better off buying each ticket individually. 

If you book each each person separately you would have to check in each reservation one by one. 

jr_colon
Explorer C

Yes, that's exactly what I try to do, guess I'll have to book individually and then do the check-in one by one 😞 that or paying for the transfer. Thanks for your help...