Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Buying Point and Reserving Flight

New Arrival

spent over 2 hours on the phone because the customer service rep who tried so hard to reserve a flight for me but every credit card I gave her would not go through.   I tried on my end too.  Credit cards (And debit cards) that were perfectly good.

Called the "Corporate" customer service. They also were not able to help.  My checking account has 4 pending charges and my credit card has 9 pending charges from Southwest.  But Southwest couldnt help me book my flight with points or help me with a discount on my flight knowing there was an issue with their own system.

I offered to screen shot the charges but they refused to help.    When I asked to speak to a manager, they stated they were a supervisor and the highest I could go...and refused to do anything for me except give me a Reference #.

I used to love Southwest but I am so done.   

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Buying Point and Reserving Flight

Top Contributor

First of ll, all those pending charges will evaporate when SW does not confirm the validity of the charges. That only happens when SW actully issues a ticket.

I have never hear of a situation like yours. I can only suggest that you try again later.

Re: Buying Point and Reserving Flight

Why didn't you try booking the flight online? And I'm confused: were you trying to book the flight with points, or with a credit card? Assuming with points, and assuming you had enough points to cover the flight, you would only need your CC to pay the $5.60 security fee. I also don't understand how you can have 4 pending charges and 9 pending charges. Wouldn't they all be from Southwest? So 13 pending charges of $5.60? Something isn't adding up here - so you are telling us that they tried to charge your card 13 different times to pay for a flight? 

--Jessica