Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Buying points- how does it appear on CC statement?

bluebox
Explorer C

I am looking to purchase some Southwest points during their current 35% bonus promotion that ends tonight. How will the name of the purchase appear on my credit card statement? Is it the same Southwest.com merchant that flight bookings appear as?

Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Buying points- how does it appear on CC statement?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bluebox wrote:

I am looking to purchase some Southwest points during their current 35% bonus promotion that ends tonight. How will the name of the purchase appear on my credit card statement? Is it the same Southwest.com merchant that flight bookings appear as?

Thank you! 

Point sales/transfers are processed by Points.com. As far as I remember (I've only purchased points once, and it was a few years ago) they do not show up as "Southwest.com" but rather "Rapid Rewards Points," along with an 800 number.

Perhaps someone has newer info they can share?

If your question is raised regarding reimbursement via Credit Card for specifically "Southwest" purchases (such as with the new Rapid rewards Priority card), it remains to be seen if points purchases will qualify. I suspect they will not, however it's not explicitly spelled out in the terms and conditions for the card. Again, hopefully someone with actual experience will update this thread at some point.