Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CHASE VISA 30% PROMOTION ($15,000) AUG-OCT 2020

jdburns11
Explorer C

Looking for some confirmation or help please... I saw & registered for a 30% bonus on credit card points posted over 15,000 from August-October 2020. Now, I don't see the promotion listed in my account, although there is one for October 2020-January 2021 for $25,000! Can't find anything in my e-mail regarding this - but I figured since it was captured on the website perhaps didn't need to.  So my questions are: 

1. Is this promo still valid and will it be honored?  If so, how long does it generally take to post bonus or be recognized? 

2. If October 2020 is overlapping in both promos (assuming the Aug-Oct is honored) - is it safe to say that the points will be leveraged for both? 

I'm new to this board - so please re-direct me if I have this in the wrong place, or there's a better mousetrap for seeing where this is.  In short, I posted a lot of transactions (and many of which I would not ordinarily) to my credit card for this benefit - which also included companion status points to my recollection - and will not be happy if it has "disappeared".

Appreciate any help.  

Respectfully, D Burns 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: CHASE VISA 30% PROMOTION ($15,000) AUG-OCT 2020

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Hello.

Have you thought about asking Chase about this?

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I thought the same questions.  

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I also had similar questions. Chase would definitely be the ones to check with for the details.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

1) The easiest way to see if you're registered is to click on the "Register Now" link in the email you received. You'll be taken to a page to register, if you click on the Register Now link there and you're already registered, you'll see the following message:

Oops! You are already registered for this promotion. (SW giberish code)

2) You will have to contact Chase for an answer on your question about the offers being stackable. My guess is that they are not; that if registered for both you'll receive only one 30% bonus. I only received the first offer email, since this is targeted I'm wondering if that was on purpose -- if you're only supposed to be able to register for one or the other.

Overlapping offers are very unusual for Chase.

3) Lots of questions are answered in the original email (always save a copy):

Rapid Rewards® 30% Bonus Offer Terms and Conditions:

To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 7/1/2020 and 10/31/2020 11:59 p.m. ET and have a minimum of 15,000 points earned from Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your Rapid Rewards account during the promotion period of 8/1/2020 and 10/31/2020. You will qualify for and receive a 30% bonus on points earned from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card which are also posted to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account during the promotional period. Points that are earned from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card during the promotional period but are not posted to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account during the promotional period will not receive the 30% bonus points. The 30% bonus points will count towards Companion Pass qualification, but will not count toward A-List or A-List Preferred qualification. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the promotional period for the 30% bonus points to post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account. Maximum bonus point accumulation during the promotional period is 25,000 bonus points per Rapid Rewards account. Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 30% bonus. Points transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest Rapid Rewards will not be eligible for the 30% bonus. Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. Bonus points will post directly to your Southwest Rapid Rewards® account and will not appear on your credit card statement. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

SOUTHWEST® RAPID REWARDS® PROGRAM INFORMATION The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card is brought to you by Southwest Airlines® and Chase. Southwest Airlines is responsible for the redemption of Rapid Rewards points toward benefits and services. The number of points needed for a particular Southwest® flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and are subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed. Rapid Rewards points can only be transferred to the primary Cardmember’s Rapid Rewards account. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply, please visit Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the program and/or program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points.

The account information in this email is only an estimate for a specific point in time. Please reference your Rapid Rewards account on Southwest.com® for the most up-to-date information on available points, tier status, including tier qualifying points or flights, and Companion Pass qualifying points or flights.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

jdburns11
Explorer C

Ok thanks for all the replies - I will definitely check with Chase & let you know what I hear back.  I just find it odd that this promotion is now nowhere to be seen. 

And if I signed up for the 2nd one, I hope I didn't preclude my involvement in the 1st. 

jdburns11
Explorer C

So I contacted Chase and they don't have any record of it. I can't find it in my e-mail .... but I know I signed up for this since I saw the exact verbiage shown above - otherwise - LOL I would not have obviously charged mortgage payments with additional fees for credit card on it.

Shame on me for not saving or finding the e-mail - but I thought since it showed up in my SWA Account/Promotions area that I was safe. Now it's just gone.

Am I screwed here or should I contact SWA or will they not be able to do anything from their end?  

Respectfully, D Burns 

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

As long as you signed up for the promotion you should be good. You can Google the promotion and it will pop up. I am on board with that promotion and it also disappeared on my rapid reward site. The new promotion is listed. 

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I received the bonus today, but the points didn't go against companion pass.  While I'm thankful for the added points, I thought I remembered seeing that they were companion pass qualifying.  

Has anyone else seen the same thing?  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Check again. The points are CPQ, but it looks like that didn't happen automatically. It appears they are being updated today to CPQ status.