Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CP booking

cameronlaufer
Explorer B

Am I understanding correctly that if I have all the points, but my wife earns CP(say has 0 points), I can book her flight with my points and then she can add me on as companion? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: CP booking

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, that will work.

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

You would log into your Rapid Rewards account and book a flight using your points. At the passenger info page, put in all HER info including her RR number.

Once the flight is booked, she will be able to see the reservation in her RR account and add you as the companion from there!

It takes a few steps, but it def will work.

Enjoy!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

As others have said yes you can book with your points and your wife can then add you as the companion. 

If booking online or on the app Be sure you change all fields to your wife's information (her RR number, gender, DOB) I myself missed the gender field once because I wasn't paying attention took a little extra time to get it fixed. 

-Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A

There is one proviso —

if she wants to change her flight, she would not able to do so in her RRaccount, but would need to return to your account to make a change.

gsking
Aviator C

@dfwskier wrote:

There is one proviso —

if she wants to change her flight, she would not able to do so in her RRaccount, but would need to return to your account to make a change.

Yeah,  that's a complication. 

Plus you can't change the flight with the CP attached.   You have to cancel it first and rebook. 

I tend to leave my companion unbooked as long as possible if I expect prices to go down.   It's hard to even check once it's booked. 

But the flip side is you risk the flight booking up.   Almost made this mistake recently, as flights start to get back to normal packing factors. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Most of the time, if I need to make a change to a reservation including companion, I call or use the app chat or social media direct message. Those teams can change things much more easily!

-A List, Companion Pass holder