Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CP effective date

jb49
Explorer A

I will qualify for a CP in 2022. My current CP is valid through 2/2023. I'm wondering if the new CP will be effective after my current one expires or will I lose 2 months of credit?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: CP effective date

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Gonna need some more explanation here. Did you earn both the promotional CP for the beginning of next year and meanwhile, qualified in 2022 for CP?

--TheMiddleSeat

jb49
Explorer A

I have a CP for 2022 (good through 2/2023) that I am now using - qualified for it 3/2022 through a promo. Since then I have earned 125000 points which qualifies me for a CP in 2023 and that's the one I am wondering about.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you earned 125,000 companion pass qualifying points in 2022 your will have CP until 12/31/2023.

--TheMiddleSeat

jb49
Explorer A

Since my current CP is good through February 2023, I was hoping the new CP would be through February 2024. Guess I just have to lose the 2 months. 🤔  

dfwskier
Aviator A

You haven't lost anything.

Your situation is no different than someone who earned CP in March 2021 (good thru 12/31/22) who earned CP again in July, 2022 (good thru 12/31/23)

Theoretically that person "lost" 6 months of CP (July, 2022 thru 12/31/22) and things like that happen all the time.

You can only hold one CP at a time, and the start and end dates of the CPs do not change.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier @beat me to it. You don't lose anything. 

Non-promotional companion passes always expire at the end of the calendar year following the year it's earned, it's not promoted as an additional year from the date earned or extended onto anything you may currently have. 

--TheMiddleSeat