Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

California Companion Pass Question

jayavanit
Explorer C

I'm a rapid rewards member and I recently applied for california companion pass promotion and i received my chase credit card, I made the first purchase and also received my first statement from chase. Does that qualify me for this promotion? I have few questions on the qualifying criteria for this companion pass

Do I have to make a travel purchase using the card to be eligible for this offer?

If so does the travel has to be before 11/30?

Can it be a one way travel as a companion?

Does the companion travel has to be using this southwest credit card that I received?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: California Companion Pass Question

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I don't know the details of the California CP. One point you asked about was whether traveling as a companion would count - if there was a travel committment to the deal I'm confident that your traveling as someone else's companion would not quality, any travel requirement would most likely be for a revenue flight.

Hopefully someone else with the details on this promotion will chime in, or you can post the terms and the group can take a look interpreting.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

The first transaction to qualify for Companion Pass through the exclusive CA campaign can be a purchase for anything in any amount. It can be as simple as coffee. After the qualifying purchase, please allow up to 8 weeks for the CP to be added to their RR Account.

Brie 

Southwest Community Moderator 

kaitlyn3789
Explorer C

How will I know when the companion pass takes effect? I was hoping to use it during this holiday season. Also, I believe I followed the correct link when I signed up, but it sounds like others have had trouble because they didn't use the promotion link. Is there a way I can check if I signed up correctly?

Thanks for the help.

Kaitlyn 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You can check for a positive result by looking at your future tickets and see if there is a link underneath that says "add companion" or if you go to "your account" section to look at your Rapid Rewards account it will list your statuses, which should include CCP.

I think you would have to call to see if you are enrolled but not yet appoved, I don't know any place on line to check something like that as a self-service action.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ackern32
Explorer C

Thanks for the information!  I'm seeking clarification on one aspect of the offer -- I have applied and been approved for the card prior to 11/30, but will not receive it by 11/30.  Does the offer apply to qualifying purchases made on or after 12/1, as long as the approval is by the end of November?  Or have I completely missed the boat and my purchase will not matter since it will be after the November application deadline?  Thanks in advance.

travel4swerds
Explorer C

I am trying to understand the Californial Companion Pass program better.

I used the California Companion Pass promotional link to apply for separate Chase Rapid Rewards cards for both me and my husband on November 30th.  We received the cards and used them.  I paid the balance on both and have received RR points for them (plus the bonus 40,000 points for spending over $1000).  I am still questioning whether we will receive the Companion Pass?  I do not see anything about the California Companion Pass deal on our Southwest RR account, just the points that we have earned.  Do I just need to trust that we signed up for everything correctly and that the Companion passes will eventually just show up?  Or should I make a call and check on it?

Thanks for your help, this is the first time we've attempted to take advantage of a deal like this so we are newbies.

Sue

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@flyinghigh33,

Welcome to the program! Cheers to a year of using your Companion Pass and getting some major travel under your belt in 2018!

@travel4swerds,

It never hurts to check in with one of our Customer Relations Representatives to verify that you followed all the steps correctly. The quickest way to get in touch with one is through Twitter. Reach out to us at @SouthwestAir for assistance!

travel4swerds
Explorer C

Thank you Lindsey.  I called customer service at SWA and a very helpful woman looked at both my account and my husbands and said that we were pending.  She said we had signed up correctly and that it could take up to 8 weeks - which would put us at the end of January.  It sounded like we should receive an email or letter.

I am wondering thought from reading other posts, will Companion Pass show only if we purchase travel (so at that point it would give you the prompt to input who your choice of Companion is).  I was planning to wait to plan any travel until after we secure the passes.  

Thanks again for your help.  Sue

franktravel
Aviator B

Just a note.  You do not have to add your Companion at the same time you are making a reservation for yourself.