Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

California companion pass

moemoeporter
Explorer C

I am on my way to earning a  companion pass with SWA exclusive Promotion.  I have completed 3 round trips from and to a California airport to qualify for a companion pass. One of my trips was booked using travel funds from a canceled trip paid for prior to opting in to this promotion. I have rebooked this trip after opting in. Another trip was booked using a southwest LUV Voucher. Let me know if these would qualify or I need to book another flight.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: California companion pass

PAHRN
Explorer C

You've completed three trips to/from California--this would be six flights out of the 100 needed to earn a companion pass. The flights must be 'revenue' flights so using a voucher would make two of those six flights ineligible to be used toward earning the companion pass. You must reach 100 flights in a calendar year. It's late September; you have three months to go before the end-of-year deadline to complete the 96 remaining flights to earn that companion pass. The other way to earn a companion pass is with points--which are earned based on dollars spent toward travel (with a generous boost if you fly Business Select). You also earn points with the use of a SW Airlines credit card. You'd need 110,000 points for a companion pass to earn one with points. 

Re: California companion pass

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @moemoeporter,

For the Californial promotion, as long as your flights meet all the requirements of the promotion, it doesn't matter if you booked them with a credit card or a LUV Voucher - it still counts!

Good luck!