Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I get my companion pass earlier?

ByeByeBirdie
Explorer C

Good evening everyone!

So I got the Southwest Priority CC in February with the 30k points bonus and companion pass if you spend over $5000 in 3 months.

I was able to make that within 5 weeks from the first day I got my card and I was wondering if there a way I could get the companion pass earlier by calling in? (aka don't wait the entire 3 months or even the extra 2-3 weeks after my next statement)

I'm usually patient but I found out we have to travel to the west coast in June and knowing that it can take up to 8 weeks for the companion pass to apply, I was hoping to get it earlier. I just want to book our June tickets as early as possible (to make sure I get a decent ticket) with the companion pass. If it wasn't for this required trip, I would wait.

Thanks and I hope you all have a great week.

(P.S. -  If it is possible, who do I contact? Chase? RapidRewards? Customer Relations for Southwest?)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I get my companion pass earlier?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You should automatically receive your pass shortly after you receive the Chase statement that takes you over the spend threshold.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Agree with @dfwskier -- I have never seen it take as long as SW actually says it does to receive the CP once you qualify.

But I don't expect calling will do anything to expedite the process. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

You could book the flight now and once you get the companion pass within the next several weeks you can then add the companion to your reservation. You could also book the companion on points temporarily to hold the seat until you get the companion pass. This way you won't need to wait for the pass to book a flight. 

-Blake