Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I stack credit card bonus' ?

fsufan
Explorer C

I am coming down to the home stretch for the magic 125K points and qualifying for companion pass.  I am sitting at just under 110K miles and it will be hard to get another 15K before year end.

My question is - I have a RR Chase business card (qualified and started using around mid-year).  Could I still get a 50K bonus sign up for getting a RR Plus Chase card?

I can easily spend $3,000 prior to year-end. I just wonder if I can "stack" the card bonuses. IT would be worth the $69 or $99 cost of the card if it will put me over the top.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can I stack credit card bonus' ?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you don't currently have a personal card you can get one and as long as you have not earned a sign up bonus from a personal card in the past 24 months you would be eligible for the sign up bonus.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Alternatively, you could look at Southwest hotels. Earlier this year I was able to get 10,000 points for less than $250. Just depends if you want to open another credit card and want to spend the required spend.

--TheMiddleSeat

fsufan
Explorer C

I have a Business Card that I got around mid-year (this year - 2022).  I got 80,000 sign-up bonus points at that time. 

Not sure if they count that as a personal card or not.  It has my business name on it along with my name.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

A business card is a business card. A personal card is a non-business card.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

If getting the personal card works to get you a CP, that's a big thumbs up for you. If it doesn't work out, be upset with Chase not Southwest...

Best of Luck and Safe Travels

dfwskier
Aviator A

You might be able to snag 10k points if you have not flown a business flight book thru one of SW's business portals. Note this might be a targeted promotion that not everyone is eligible for. Check your own SW promotions to see whether or not you are.

RRbusinesspromotion.jpeg

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@fsufan wrote:

I am coming down to the home stretch for the magic 125K points and qualifying for companion pass.  I am sitting at just under 110K miles and it will be hard to get another 15K before year end.

My question is - I have a RR Chase business card (qualified and started using around mid-year).  Could I still get a 50K bonus sign up for getting a RR Plus Chase card?

I can easily spend $3,000 prior to year-end. I just wonder if I can "stack" the card bonuses. IT would be worth the $69 or $99 cost of the card if it will put me over the top.

Totally doable in a number of different ways, and kudos to you for thinking about this in September instead of November when options will be a bit limited.

• Credit card: I think so but read the terms that will save if a bonus is excluded for having other Chase cards or only Chase personal cards which you seem to be clear for?
  • Use this link to find other ways - especially if you have any travel left the rest of the year upgrade to Business Select for 12x points, check if you have any promotions, and use Rocketmiles or other method to boost your hotel stay. If traveling for work see if you can book normally and reimburse it, then pay the extra on your own. 
  • https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

Think about how much you'll use companion pass before you spend too much though. There's a right amount of extra spend, and then sometimes you'll be close and it just won't be worth it.

We probably used ours 10x this year so far with more to come, if that's $300 per trip the benefit would be $3,000 so it's worth a $1,000 of business select upgrades to tip it over, but not worth buying $5,000 worth of whatever that you wouldn't already have been buying.

Good luck!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.