Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I transfer my earned Companion Pass "status" to my spouse?

katherx
Explorer C

Can I transfer my earned Companion Pass "Status" to my Wife? I ask because there are a few trips we are booking this summer, where my wife and daughter will be staying longer on the trip (I will need an earlier return flight). In our situation, it would be ideal for my wife to have the Companion Pass "status" and my daughter to be the named Companion. Is transferring a Companion Pass "status" to another person possible? TIA!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I transfer my earned Companion Pass "status" to my spouse?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I'm afraid not.

You earned the pass, and the is for your use alone alone. So you can travel with your companion as much as you want, but you cannot hand the pass over to someone else.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Here is the link I go to when I have a question on the companion pass and its rules.  It's less than a year old, so the most current I've found.  Sadly, I didn't see the opportunity to transfer. 

https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/southwest-companion-pass/

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

You can find all the terms and conditions here. Unfortunately @dfwskier is correct -- you cannot transfer the pass ownership to anyone else. You CAN change who flies as your companion based on the details below:

"The Companion Pass card is not transferrable. The Member may, however, change his/her designated Companion and request issuance of a new Companion Pass card up to three (3) times each calendar year that the Member maintains Companion Pass status. Any reservation with the current Companion Pass would need to be cancelled before changing his/her designated Companion. Requests may be made by calling 1-800-435-9792. Allow 21 business days for processing and issuance of the Companion Pass card. The Member's designated Companion must be an individual. An individual may not travel as both a Member and a Companion on the same flight."

-A List, Companion Pass holder