Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I use another person's 25,000 goodwill points code?

cantak
Explorer C

I received a code for my 25,000 points. (Side note - was this one per family? I had expected a couple since we had 4 people on the canceled flight).

The code itself was not linked to me in any way I could see. I had to enter my RR number, name, and the code onto another site for them to deposit the points.

So my question is, could I theoretically buy someone else's code from them and use it? Or would it not allow the points to get added to my account?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I use another person's 25,000 goodwill points code?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cantak wrote:

I received a code for my 25,000 points. (Side note - was this one per family? I had expected a couple since we had 4 people on the canceled flight).

The code itself was not linked to me in any way I could see. I had to enter my RR number, name, and the code onto another site for them to deposit the points.

So my question is, could I theoretically buy someone else's code from them and use it? Or would it not allow the points to get added to my account?

I think it will be tied to Rapid Rewards number. Do each of your family members have Rapid Reward numbers and contact information? I think this will be one of the big obstacles for Southwest to reimburse people and offer the points will be getting in touch with everyone.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You can enter multiple codes. so yes you could enter anyone’s code now buying a code that would probably fall under the not allowed category kind of like vouchers selling voids them should Southwest find out you sold those

if you have family members who were supposed to travel with you and they were canceled by the airline they probably have a code coming just wait a week if you still have no codes for them try sending out an email to Southwest so they can investigate also have your family check their emails as well in case the code was sent to them 

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

I have some