Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can i choose how much of my available travel funds to apply to a new reservation?

KareemAdnan
Explorer C

I'm trying to understand if SW will force me to use all of my available funds or if I can determine how much of my available funds I would like to use when creating a new reservation?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can i choose how much of my available travel funds to apply to a new reservation?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You choose how much of your travel funds you want to use.

If you have $200 in a travel fund, and want to buy a $60 ticket, you'll use $60 of travel funds and have $140 to use in the future.

If you have $200 in travel funds, and want to buy a $210 ticket, you'll use all of your travel fund and have to add $10 to buy the tiket.

Re: Can i choose how much of my available travel funds to apply to a new reservation?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

But you can't apply only $40 of a $200 travel fund towards a $200 flight.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@KareemAdnan wrote:

I'm trying to understand if SW will force me to use all of my available funds or if I can determine how much of my available funds I would like to use when creating a new reservation?

I can see some workarounds where you could creatively make a travel fund of the desired amount. 

Can you elaborate on the scenario further and we can give more targeted advice.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.