Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Can't Login to Rapid Rewards

Jvilke
Explorer C

Wasn't sluggish and I and  apparently others have had this problem at least since Friday. It immediately shows this pop-up whether you try to sign in or open Rapid Rewards>Manage >Your Account 

• This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.
    Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As of this writing, there are continuing issues with slow loading pages, and time-outs, as well as error messages. This is likely related to the new booking system conversion. One hopes it's fixed soon.

garyhoyson
Explorer C

Since last week I can't login to account! I get same maintenance message! What is going on?

Jvilke
Explorer C

Nothing has changed can't log-in via browser only with app on cell. Ridiculous Obviously a problem on your end either blocking IP's or something . Why can't your IT people respond?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Jvilke,

When we receive notifications from Customers in the forums that their is an issue with logging in, we share it with the appropriate teams. If you are still having difficulty accessing your account, please contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 so we can help you troubleshoot the issue. 

NeedHelp
Explorer C

This is an ongoing issue that appears SW does not care about.  I spoke with a friendly rep from customer service yesterday who noted she has been taking complaints about this since December and forwarding them on.  She stated other than that she had no other information and hopefully will be fixed by May 2017 when new reservation system is completed.  I find this unacceptable.  s rapid rewards member cant access account, cant redeem points for flights or anything without calling 800 number to be on hold.  Plus no info at all from SW on this, SHAME.  Probaby time to start booking with another airline that has an online system that WORKS!

Fillmore
Explorer C

I am having this issue as well. It doesn't work on my computer, on any of the browser types, with any configuration of cookies, nor does it work on my phone, either the iPhone or Android app.

I can't even reset my password if I wanted to because that portion yields the same maintenance message that the other people have reported.

SATerp
Explorer C

This is happening to me on my desktop for the last month, but not on my laptop or cell phone. It's obviously some system wide glitch and it's driving me crazy as I book on my dektop. C'mon Southwest, get it fixed. Also how about restoring direct flights between San Antonio and Harlingen? I did not enjoy getting home at midnight Thursday when the one plane down there malfunctioned.

garyhoyson
Explorer C

Ditto! This is ridiculous that SWA can't help!

medlohlived
Explorer C

I was also experiencing a similar issue on my Macbook so I disabled my VPN and now I'm able to log in to my Rapid Rewards account without issue. Hope that helps.