Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Can't Login to Rapid Rewards

Explorer C
  • This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Just like others have said.   I try everything.  Is it because I'm in Guatemala.   This is a bit frustrating.   No one at SWA, I am sorry to say, seems to know what is going on.  Ron

lochbox
Explorer C
I am experiencing this very same issue... CSR said I was the only one who reported it. Very frustrating. ' I have missed out on sales and other opportunities. Eventually wound up booking a better flights on another airline. Not sure how to cure...

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@lochbox,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting into your account. We didn't have any widely reported outages or problems last night. Have you contacted our Customer Relations Department? I recommend reaching out to them on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) or through our Facebook page, where a Representative can work with you to troubleshoot the issue.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Don't bother helping Southwest "troubleshoot the issue." They'll likely just try to convince you it's a problem on your end. The website continues to have significant issues, with access to RR login often unavailable sporadically, especially at night. These are likely a result of the transition to the new booking system. One hopes they'll be resolved once that is complete.

mitsugirly
Explorer C

I have been having the exact same issue. However, mine has been going on for YEARS! About 5 to be exact. However, once in awhile it will allow me to log in (usually in the middle of the night), but since mid January...absolutely nothing. I try all day every day and I get the same error message.

I tried using firefox, ie and chrome. They all give me the same message.

I have had my password reset, cleared cookies, made sure ad-blocking is off, did updates...NOTHING WORKS.

I've called customer service, I've spoke to the "IT" guys and I've talked to SW online on their fb account. Nothing has been resolved other than a "well you'll have to call in to book or use your points or buy gift cards....." That is not convenient to do. I want to be able to see my points, I want to browse the various options of booking, I want to book myself and have control over it. I don't want to spend forever on the phone asking "how many points do I currently have?" "Ok, book this for me...ok, now how many points? Ok, I need these gift cards" UGH!

Get it together SW .This is getting irritating!

shellit
Explorer C

Finally, today 2/15/2017 is the first time I've opened rapid rewards website. No more maintenance banner blocking it. IP address was obviously being blocked by something. Seems like problem has been resolved for my account.

dennydfw
Explorer C

We are having the same issue with receiving this maintenance window issue.  I have called SWA and was told that SWA does not have anyone in techinical support to speak with customers.  Our executives are trying to book flights with their rewards accounts and are very very frustrated.  Who can we talk to about this.  It appears to be a chronic issue and we need to know who to speak to immediately

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @dennydfw,

I'm sorry you've had difficulty making reservations. Will you send me a private message with a screenshot of the error you are receiving? I'll be glad to take a look and help figure out what's going on. 

dennydfw
Explorer C

Lindsey - i sent you a private message with the screen shot.  please confirm you have recieved it.  We are still experiencing the same problem

jessienky
Explorer C

How to book my flights when I can't log in... what happens to all the points when I purchase the tickets?

Please advise.

Thank you.