Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled my Southwest card 24mos ago. Can I still earn the 10k SW points for refer-a-friend?

cfab30
Explorer C

I was a former Southwest Premier cardmember. It's been over 24mos since I closed the account. I wanted to know if I have a few friends interested in applying for the card will I still be able to earn 10k SW points for each person who signs up and gets approved for the card? My chasereferafriend.com link still works when entering the last four digits of my card. Also, if it I still can get the referral SW points, is this link the same promo is currently advertised until Nov. 30th? The link does offer 40k at $1,000 spend but not sure if I see any mention of getting companion pass after first purchase. I don't want my friends to sign up for this link if they don't get the companion pass from first purchase. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cancelled my Southwest card 24mos ago. Can I still earn the 10k SW points for refer-a-friend?

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

The referral bonus points come from Chase. Chase is only able to send over points for Cardmembers who have an open account. Therefore, no referral bonuses would be awarded to a Member who is no longer a Credit Cardmember. 

Brie 

Southwest Community Moderator