Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cannot check in to my SWA account or app from outside the USA

jdgeertsema
Explorer C

I prefer to fly Southwest in the USA, and I am a proud Rapid Rewards customer. I do however live in The Netherlands, Europe. When in Europe, I am denied access to the Southwest app on my phone with the message that I am not connected to the Internet.  Also, I am denied acces to my Southwest computer account, with the following message:

Access Denied. You don't have permission to access {a southwest link} on this server. Reference #{a number}

In the USA I can access both the app and the computer account as normal. Unfortunately the above makes it impossible to book flights from Europe. Can anyone help me finding a solution for this? I am sick of flying United Airlines...

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cannot check in to my SWA account or app from outside the USA

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Unfortunetly this is "normal" behavior, Southwest appears to be blocking some international traffic to their servers and has been doing this for quite some time so I don't expect it will start working any time soon.  My suggestion would be to use VPN software/app which would make it appear as if your computer/phone was located in the US.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!