Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase California Companion Pass offer if you already have Companion Pass through RR

kidcrazee4
Explorer C

Hello! I am interested in applying for the Chase Southwest Credit Card with the California Companion Pass promotion. Promotion states that you will earn Companion Pass benefit through 2018. I already currently have Companion Pass benefit that I earned through Southwest that expires in Dec 2018. Will the promotion extend my Companion Pass benefit to 2019 or will it only be good through 2018 so my benefits will just overlap?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Chase California Companion Pass offer if you already have Companion Pass through RR

Jlm0121
Explorer C

I just posted the same question and am in a similar - just the other way around.  I first earned Companion Pass via the credit card and now earned via the 110,000 points.  The offer read that it extends through 2019 - but that date for my companion didn't change on my RR account.  I called and SWA rep said they never heard of it.

Re: Chase California Companion Pass offer if you already have Companion Pass through RR

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

you would have had to earn the 110k points in 2018 to extend to 2019.