Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase Credit Card - Refer a Friend reward timeline

joanna22
Explorer C

Hello,

I signed up for a card in July and I realized I'm so close to getting the companion pass. If I refer a few friends to the card, is there anyway to expedite the bonus points to my account towards my card? It says in the promotion it can take up to 8 weeks - that's a long time and past January. Has anyone had experience with the refer a friend bonus? I would hate to rush my friends if I won't get the points I need.

Also, when is the time up to gain points towards the pass? Is it when my statement in December comes or my statement in January?

Thanks,

JoAnna

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Chase Credit Card - Refer a Friend reward timeline

franktravel
Aviator B

My due date is Dec 22nd.  All charges I made prior to Dec 22nd that are not pending will post in my account around Dec 27th and count for 2017 Companoin Pass. 

My opinion on the refer a friend.  Check the fine print,  they would have to qualify for the card, and do what is asked to receive bonous.  Not much time left.  I know last year I was close and I used 1-800-Flowers.  The were having a promotion and I received like 3,00-5,000 points that put me over the top for the Companion.  

Check Southwest Airlines Shopping Rewards.

joanna22
Explorer C

Thanks! I thought shopping partners didn't count! How did you find out your deadline?

Also,the fine print only says  what's below - I don't see anything about them having to spend a certain amount. 

You will receive 10,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card."

franktravel
Aviator B

Sorry that was only until March of this year.  Anything you charge after your due date in Dec will post in Jan.  All charges after your due date in Nov, up to your due date in Dec will post 5-7 days after your Dec due date.