Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase.com SW RapidRewards dashboard shows 128k RapidRewards, but Southwest shows only 1,500

OhioGuy
Explorer C

I should have over 128,000 SW Rapid Rewards presently, because it said that on my next statement date they would be made available, including the 100,000 bonus points for spending after my statement date of Feb. 2.

When I look at the SW RapidRewards dashboard on chase.com, the circular graph shows that I have over 128,000 RapidRewards.

However, when I actually go to my Southwest account and log in, it is still only showing the 1,500 points from back in December.  It appears that nothing from January has been applied yet.

I was expecting the companion pass to now be available, and we are wanting to go ahead and book a trip that we want to take in about 6 weeks.  However, without the points showing up to redeem, and without the companion pass showing up, we can't.

Is there typically a delay between when the SW RapidRewards points show up on the Chase.com Points dashboard and when they show up in the SW RapidRewards website to redeem?

Thanks for any help on this.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Chase.com SW RapidRewards dashboard shows 128k RapidRewards, but Southwest shows only 1,500

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Points from Chase will post to your Southwest RR account a few days after the statement closing date.  If you expected points to post in January but they didn't I would contact Chase and verify what RR account number they have on file for you.  If you did not provide an account number or provided an invalid one a new account may have been created for you.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Chase.com SW RapidRewards dashboard shows 128k RapidRewards, but Southwest shows only 1,500

OhioGuy
Explorer C

Ok, I feel better about that now, knowing that there is typically a delay of a few days.  I was starting to worry that all of those points had somehow just disappeared.

FF_Flyer
Explorer C

Same thing is happening to my account. My Chase statement closed on 2/7, showing 132K points transferred to my rewards account on my chase statement but point activity on Southwest profile only shows 1,500 pts on 2/8 from "RR Credit Card Tier Qualifying Points "which aren't even reflected in my overall point total. Very frustrating, not sure if it needs a few more days to auto correct itself or requires manual intervention from a SWA rep. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@FF_Flyer As stated earlier, "I would contact Chase and verify what RR account number they have on file for you."

Contacting Southwest will not help you since the information comes from Chase.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@FF_Flyer wrote:

Same thing is happening to my account. My Chase statement closed on 2/7, showing 132K points transferred to my rewards account on my chase statement but point activity on Southwest profile only shows 1,500 pts on 2/8 from "RR Credit Card Tier Qualifying Points "which aren't even reflected in my overall point total.  

You are  aware that you earn two types of points from Chase -- right?

You earn regular RR points every month good for use to buy flights (but do not apply to A-List qualification)  .and

Once a year you earn A-List qualifying points (that cannot be used to buy flights). I believe the " number of these points, depending on which card you have, could be 1500 "Tier Qualifying Points"

FF_Flyer
Explorer C

Ah so the 1,500 Tier qualifying points were for spending at least $10,000 on my Southwest Priority card and I do see those reflected under A-List progress. However I spent $12,000 and triggered the 100K point signup bonus which is part of the the 132k points that should be posting to my SWA account to qualify for the companion pass. So its odd that SWA received notification of me hitting the $10K spend on my priority card and post the 1,500 points the next day after statement close but did also not post at the same time the 132K points toward companion pass.