Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase points not posting

draino139
Explorer C

My Chase Statement end date is the 1st of each month.   Typically I receive my points on the 2nd of the month.  The latest I have ever received them is the 4th of the month.    I have over 104,000 points coming my way for my December Charges...  Has anyone ever been 5 days or more after their statement before getting their points posted to their account?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Chase points not posting

dfwskier
Aviator A

3 of the last 5 days have been weekend or holiday days. Give it time. They'll show up.

draino139
Explorer C

That's what i thought as well, as ive never had an issue before, but even with similar weekend and holiday scenarios it's never been past the 4th of the month.   Now it's the 7th... still no points.  😞

Chase said "check with southwest"

Southwest said "check with chase"

nostresshere
Adventurer C

END OF YEAR PROCESSING is more likely the problem.

As of mid afteroon on Jan 7th, I still see this on my account, but not my spouse.

Beginning January 1, 2020, we will be performing yearend processing for Rapid Rewards® accounts. This function is necessary to update your membership status and reset your tier and Companion Pass earning counters for 2020.

During this process, you may be temporarily unable to view current tier or Companion Pass status, or may see incorrect earning counters regarding progress toward tier and Companion Pass.

This will affect all channels where you can log into your account, including:

• Southwest.com®
  • Southwest® mobile app
  • Automated phone system via 1-800-248-4377

You will see a pending alert within your account while this activity is in progress. We anticipate this process to be completed for all Members within the first few weeks of the year.

If you have earned A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass for the 2020 calendar year, your benefits will not be affected when traveling during this period.

Any points earned from flight or Rapid Rewards partner activity, including tier qualifying points* and Companion Pass qualifying points**, will continue to accrue but may not be viewable until the yearend processing is completed.

We appreciate your patience as we work hard to deliver the best Customer experience possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

nostresshere
Adventurer C

Meanwhile, it sure would be nice if someone from Southwest would provide some updates on what is happening and progress.

As customers, we surely do not expect a full length detailed report, but some information would be nice.

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution
Most of us here in the forums are customers too. I think the fastest way to get a response is via Twitter (click "Contact Us") for the Twitter handle.

I'm on my phone now so I can't check the click path, but of you log in to your Chase account you should be able to see the points that Chase sent to Southwest. If you see that Chase sent them then go to Southwest. If you see that Chase didn't send them then go to Chase.

Customer | Home airport DCA

draino139
Explorer C

Yes chase sent the points to southwest on January 1st. But still nothing on southwest side of things.  I suspect it is the end of the year processing, but it seems strange it would take this long.  Last year they posted on January 4th.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone, In some cases, yearend processing can take a few weeks. For more info, visit Tier Status updates. Thanks! 

Nicole
Community Manager

annecore
Explorer C

Where on the Chase site can you see when they sent points? Thank you.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@annecore wrote:

Where on the Chase site can you see when they sent points? Thank you.

I pulled it up using desktop view from my mobile and here is my click path:

Log in to your Chase account and look for the rewards section of your Southwest credit card (should be on the right). Click "See details" > On the next page click "See rewards history". From there select the appropriate statement period to see what Chase shows you've earned. You should see the earnings mirrored in your Southwest Rapid Rewards account.

Customer | Home airport DCA