Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chimd as companion

Tkellis74
Explorer C

Hey, 

First time having a companion pass.  I have a six year old daughter and want to have her as my companion. Do I have to have some proof that her name is the name on the companion pass as in getting some sort of ID for her. Or how can I just have the companion pass with her name? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Chimd as companion

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

The companion pass allows you to designate one person of any age as your companion. Once you add your companion to a reservation there's no difference between their free companion ticket and one purchased so all the same rules related to young travelers apply. Specifically regarding identification, no identification is required for minors traveling domestically.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

Given the international opportunity for your youth companion to travel with you, I revommend you go ahead and get your companion a passport.  With that, you can use your miles to get to international locations on a short notice.  It has worked well for my grand daughter and her Dad.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jwalsh3rd wrote:

Given the international opportunity for your youth companion to travel with you, I revommend you go ahead and get your companion a passport.  With that, you can use your miles to get to international locations on a short notice.  It has worked well for my grand daughter and her Dad.

We also got our daughter one just in case a project came up, none had so far but if one did we're ready for it.

Except we have a new addition that we'll have to do the same for if he'll be going with us too now!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.