Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Advice

cariposadar17
Explorer C

I just recently received my SW Priority CC and my main goal is to get the companion pass.

When I signed up for the card, I was offered 50,000 points for signing up which I haven't received yet (but I know I probably just have to wait until those points come in). With that being said, once those 50,000 points get added I should still have around another 50,000 points to get in order to achieve a companion pass for next year.

Any suggestions/advice on how to get those points?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion Pass Advice

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Read the terms and conditions of your offer as it most likely requires you to spend a certain amount within a certain period of time to get the 50,000 bonus points.  As far as the rest of the points go, buy stuff with the credit card and fly.  It's not overly complicated, but will require spending some money.  Good luck.

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

What @TheMiddleSeat said. Here is an article that outlines other ways you can build your points, but I personally only go for credit card spend and actual flying on paid tickets.

More info on SW's site here too.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Some hotels let you earn up to 10,000 points for a stay , and some rental car companies let you up to 2400 points

for a one week rental. Although as expensive as rent cars are, I am not sure that is a good way to bag RR points.

Edit add: the hotels that give you 10,000 points are normally pricey, but since 10,000 points are worth roughly $160, that offsets some of the cost.