Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass BUT NO A-List?

ChaseColeman
Explorer C

I have Visa RR Card, spent $144,000+.  I received Companion Pass but not A-List. 

I believe I should have A-List benefits and Companion Pass, but Help Desk is unable to help. Suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Companion Pass BUT NO A-List?

dfwskier
Aviator A

For the most part, you have to fly to earn A list. You earn 1500 Alist  qualifying points with every $10000 you spend on the card, bit it takes 35, 000 points to earn a list. So I guess you could earn a list by spending $240,000

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

A-List is primarily earned from flying and is not something you can easily earn via credit card spend.  The Priority and Premiere cards will give you 1500 tier qualifying points (A-List) for every $10,000 spend, so to achieve A-List on spend alone you are looking at $240,000 in spend required.  Sound like you earned enough Companion Pass qualifying points, but if you want to achieve A-List you'll want to look at getting some flights in or spend another $100,000, assuming you have one of the cards that provides that benefit.

--TheMiddleSeat

ChaseColeman
Explorer C

35,000 points for A-List

1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ChaseColeman not all points are created equal. Credit card spending points are not tier qualifying.

--TheMiddleSeat

ChaseColeman
Explorer C

Herb Kelleher did not run this company using deception and fraud.  I guess once the patriarch is gone, the bean counters get ushered in with different color beans.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Being uneducated about points does not equal deception. If you have other questions to help you understand Rapid Rewards you are welcome to ask. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ChaseColeman wrote:

Herb Kelleher did not run this company using deception and fraud.  I guess once the patriarch is gone, the bean counters get ushered in with different color beans.

I have been here for about three years. Have read lots of posts from lots of people. Never had a comment like yours before. It seems everyone but you understood the terms and conditions.

ChaseColeman
Explorer C

Pretty tough to read "not all points are created equally"

Didn't think we needed to have multiple point systems within the RR point system.

I was clearly uneducated about the yellow points and red points.

Maybe there are blue and green points.

I don't know.

A List = 35,000 points

1 point per $1 spent

I accumulated 144,000 points, but did not achieve the 35,000 points for A-List.

My math is 144,000>35,000.

Pass 35,000 and Collect A-List.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Lol, if this confuses you, you should definitely never fly United.

--TheMiddleSeat