Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass BUT NO A-List?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ChaseColeman wrote:

Floridaguy, when did you get a  second userid?

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

To be fair to Mr. Coleman, I’d probably have made the same assumption—a point is a point is a point, and I’ve reached the caps, so what gives? (I don’t have an SWA credit card and have always earned all my Companion Passes up in the air.)

But that’s not the case of course, a point isn’t always a point: my points bump for being A-List doesn’t count towards qualifying my Companion Pass for instance (perhaps ironically in this case).

Frankly I kinda like it—A-List benefits like boarding should be reserved for the frequent customers of the airline, not a bank’s credit card. The Companion Pass is a terrific reward as-is.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Sorry this was confusing, I have learned some tricks that are helpful to track your status.  1st the  terms are listed in this community board; see the new changes for 2024 they have lowered the number of flights to get A list and also decrease the number of CC points needed to earn the 1500 bonus toward A status; you can also check your progress toward A list as well as companion pass in your RR account under your account;  you can also look at your points activity and filter it by type such as companion fare or A list and see what was applied;  I have just noticed that some flight bonus points don’t count toward CP or A list either and they have added that information when I look at the points for a flight it will say how much also goes toward CP and A and it is quite a bit less