Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Promotion Question

southwest808
Explorer C

I will be booking the initial two way ticket for myself. Was wondering if, for the second flight, I am able to book the second ticket (along with the companion pass) for two different people? Will I be able to book the Jan/Feb tickets for two different people using my account? Or would I need to be the person flying and bringing along a companion? Any insight would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion Pass Promotion Question

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@southwest808 wrote:

I will be booking the initial two way ticket for myself. Was wondering if, for the second flight, I am able to book the second ticket (along with the companion pass) for two different people? Will I be able to book the Jan/Feb tickets for two different people using my account? Or would I need to be the person flying and bringing along a companion? Any insight would be appreciated

You would need to be the person flying and bringing along a companion.

If you book and fly the qualifying flights, you will earn the Companion Pass. This will allow you to take someone else (your designated Companion) with you on flights you book during the redemption period.

Re: Companion Pass Promotion Question

gsking
Aviator C

I think you're asking if you can have two different companions.   You can have 3 changes... so you can have 3 (maybe 4) different companions. 

But only one at a time. 

You can book your (CP owner) ticket anytime after they are released.   Then,  anytime before your flight,  you can add the companion.  The currently listed companion will get the ticket. 

So you can't have reserved tickets for different companions.   But it's only a problem if the flight books up completely.   Then you should reserve the companion seat with points to keep it from filling,  and then cancel right before you book it as companion.