Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Promotion Question

hjfreeman
Explorer C

Hi everyone, 

After I received the email regarding the companion pass promotion in early September, I immediately bought my roundtrip ticket (it happened to work out perfectly as I had to make a last-minute work trip a few days later). I registered for the promotion through Southwest which said at the time that I was indeed confirmed for the promotion. 

After completing my roundtrip flight (09/11/22), I figured I'd get an email letting me know what to expect moving forward with the promotion. I understand you don't get the companion pass issued until January but I never received anything of confirmation once finishing the trip. Is this normal? 

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Companion Pass Promotion Question

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Yep, Southwest (IMO) does a very poor job of providing updates or status on its promotions. It sounds like you did everything right, you'll just have to wait for the pass to appear. There may be an email at that time, but nothing earlier.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Companion Pass Promotion Questionor

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Word is some emails confirming completion of the required flights has gone out.  Have you received anything?  I'm not saying all qualifying people have received emails, but some have been received.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Companion Pass Promotion Questionor

hjfreeman
Explorer C

I have not, no. Still waiting to receive something.

bec102896
Aviator A

Just want to make sure you registered for the promotion BEFORE you bought your flight 

hjfreeman
Explorer C

Yes, of course. Definitely signed up before I booked the flights.

chewbacca
Explorer B

FWIW, last year I signed up for the promotion.  I flew 9/16, and received an email on 10/5 stating I earned the promotional CP.  Maybe give it some time for the promotional CP.

When I earn it from flying, it is pretty much the next day when I get notification.

hjfreeman
Explorer C

Does anyone know who to contact from Southwest to try and get some info regarding my situation? 

karmissy
Explorer C

I completed my Round trip for the Companion pass on 9/20/22 and I still have not received the companion pass either. Is there any more information on this yet? Southwest has been unresponsive to my inquiries.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@karmissy @hjfreeman

In the past with similar promotions there has been no communication or confirmation from Southwest until the promotional pass is awarded. Calling or writing does not seem to help. 

See my first response above about Southwest's poor handling of these types of promotions. 

--TheMiddleSeat