Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Promotion - Rebooking & Travel Funds

atrapp3
Explorer C

Two questions:

1. If I have travel funds from a cancelled trip, can I reuse those when I book for the companion pass promotion?

2. If I book for the companion pass promotion and then need to change my itinerary after Sep 9 (still travel before the Nov 18 deadline), will that nullify the companion pass promotion?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion Pass Promotion - Rebooking & Travel Funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Travel funds can be used to purchase flights for this promotion.

Whether or not your flight can be changed after Sept 9 is unknown.  The terms say:

• Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion

What does "may eliminate" mean?  That remains to be seen.  My suspicion is changes to scheduled flights would be ok, but cancelling and rebooking would not.  That's just my guess though so good luck if you decide to take the chance with it.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I believe the "changes may eliminate qualifying" would be for those who change to a flight after November 18th since that would be outside of the travel window to earn the promotional companion pass. 

Last year I changed my flight (within the travel by period) and still qualified for the companion pass. 

-Blake

gsking
Aviator C

You'll be fine in both cases.