Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass and Anniversary Points from Chase

dpccgf
Explorer C

Do the anniversary points you get from a Chase CC apply to your Companion Pass totals?  TIA

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Companion Pass and Anniversary Points from Chase

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

My answer is yes, here is the link I took off the SWA website just minutes ago.

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Here is a cut and paste if you can't get into the link.

Companion qualifying points count toward 2021 Companion Pass When do points post to your account?

Revenue flightFlight flown in 2020Within 72 hours after completion of the entire trip
Partner hotel staysHotel stay completed on or before 12/31/20208-12 weeks after the stay is completed
Partner car rentalsCar rental returned on or before 12/31/20206-8 weeks after car is returned
Rapid Rewards® Credit CardSee belowWithin 30 days of the statement closing date. You can find the opening and closing dates for your statement billing cycle on the first page of your statement under the Account Summary section. The closing date generally falls around the same day each month.

Companion Pass and Anniversary Points from Chase

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I've second-guessed myself, as I go back a read it, you specifically are asking about the "anniversary points"   That is not addressed in the information I sent to you.  I would like to know the answer myself.  

dpccgf
Explorer C

Correct, I know all the charges result in points that get applied to Companion Pass, was just wondering about the Anniversary points.  Hopefully we will get an answer.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Yes, anniversary points are CPQ (companion pass qualifying) according to this thread which states they are applied to your RR account mixed in with your usual spending.  Normal spending is CPQ so anniversary points mixed in with spend would have to be CPQ.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Anniversary-points/td-p/69250

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As noted above by @TheMiddleSeat , yes they do.

Here's a great reference Southwest publishes, that becomes increasingly handy as we approach the end of each year.

2020 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2021 Status