Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass and Mobile App

cschuller
Explorer C

I have a flight booked with a companion and the online account shows the companion information, however, when I go to the Mobile app it does not.  Is this a problem?  Should it be showing?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion Pass and Mobile App

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cschuller wrote:

I have a flight booked with a companion and the online account shows the companion information, however, when I go to the Mobile app it does not.  Is this a problem?  Should it be showing?

Yes and No:

On my iOS version of the app I see the companion booking for a future flight to be checked in. (In our case on Friday of this week.)  It will let me add Early Bird(r) or change/cancel.

However when you get to the same-day travel and the app is showing your boarding pass and flight info, the companion's boarding pass won't be shown there, it will only be shown on their own rapid rewards account login. It sounds like you did enter their RR# when you booked it, so the companion will be able to check-in, retrive their own boarding pass, etc. and have a mobile copy on their device.

This is a feature in one regard - you can both have mobile boarding passes since the confirmation numbers are different - if they were on the same one then Southwest's system doesn't provide mobile boarding passes to multiple passengers. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Companion Pass and Mobile App

cschuller
Explorer C

Thank you for your response, however, I'm still somewhat confused as to what I should be seeing.  On the app, I can only see info for me and my children with a button to "add companion", I can see the companion info when I log in to a website.IMG_3659 (1).jpg