Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass and RR Points

Gam51
Explorer C

We are planning a family trip with 10 of us.  My son-in-law has a credit card that allows him to take a companion and he has designated my daughter as his companion.  I have RR points that I am using to book some of the flights.  If I book his flight using my RR points, will he still be able to have my daughter use his free companion pass.  He will not be using his points, I will be using mine to get his ticket.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Companion Pass and RR Points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Gam51 wrote:

We are planning a family trip with 10 of us.  My son-in-law has a credit card that allows him to take a companion and he has designated my daughter as his companion.  I have RR points that I am using to book some of the flights.  If I book his flight using my RR points, will he still be able to have my daughter use his free companion pass.  He will not be using his points, I will be using mine to get his ticket.

If he has companion pass from Southwest, then he can designate a companion whether his ticket is booked from cash or anyone's points, regardless of who bought the ticket.

I just wanted to clarify that the Companion Pass is a status - the Rapid Reward Visa can be instrumental in earning Companion Pass qualifying points, but isn't earned solely from having the card. 

Just in case he has some third-party card with a different companion pass benefit I'm not aware of their terms.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.