Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass for my family

spiuskweon
Explorer C

If I get the companion pass is it possible for my wife and my child (over 2) to travel with only one ticket as if my wife has the travel pass and my child is the one with the pass?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion Pass for my family

bec102896
Aviator A

If you earned the companion pass you can take 1 person at a time to fly free (just pay the government taxes starting at $5.60 one way)  you can't use a companion pass on top of a companion pass so if you have the pass and your wife has the pass you can't make her a companion then your wife add your child as her companion (no buy 1 get 2 free) if you have your wice as a companion she can fly free then you buy a ticket for your child. 

Hope that makes sense 

-Blake

spiuskweon
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply. I apologize the question wasn’t clear. The question is that I have the companion pass and have my wife as the designated companion. Is it possible for my wife to buy a ticket and have my child as the companion?

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Short answer yes you must name the child as your companion, keep in mind SWA limits the number of times you can change your designated companion on an annual basis