Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass help

Mattspiral8
Explorer C

Hi guys,  so in 2021 i earned 80,000 points towards my companion pass. And this year so far i was able to get another 63,000. Do my 2021 points roll over and count toward getting my companion pass starting this year?    Or am i out of luck and got to start off sith the 63,000 points i have so far this year?  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Companion Pass help

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry but points do not carry forward.

They are only good  for CP qualification purposes in the year in which they are earned.

Mattspiral8
Explorer C

Really? I was under the impression that it does roll over.  So how in the world can i get companion pass in the beginning of the year if points dont roll over.    Im confused. 
*if i got companion pass in december 2021 wouldnt i only get the remaining of that year and whole 2022, instead of what i was hoping to start it beginning of 2022 and have the rest of ‘22 and 23 with companion pass? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

When you earn CP it is valid for the remainder of the year in which you earned it and the entire next year.  CP earned today would expire Dec 31, 2023.

With credit card bonuses and spend it is very easy to earn CP in the first month or two of the year.  I earned mine the first week of March.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

When you earn CP it is valid for the remainder of the year in which you earned it and the entire next year.  CP earned today would expire Dec 31, 2023.

With credit card bonuses and spend it is very easy to earn CP in the first month or two of the year.  I earned mine the first week of March.

--TheMiddleSeat

Also, check out the RR points you can get by staying at various hotels -- up to 10,000 in a few cases.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can check your progress towards earning Companion Pass and A-List in the My Account section of southwest.com

--TheMiddleSeat

Mattspiral8
Explorer C

Yes i did that. Shows the points i made this year, but i guess last years points dont count.