Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass not Allowing to add to Flight

betsygcook
Explorer C

I have successfully be able to add my companion (with the promotion from the fall) to my account but keep getting an error with adding them to my existing flights. Does anyone else have this same experience?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Companion Pass not Allowing to add to Flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Some info about the error might help.  Are there seats available on the flight?

--TheMiddleSeat

betsygcook
Explorer C

This is what is showing on the page. There are seats available...

Sorry, we found some errors...

• We are unable to process your request. Please try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines® Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

Error Code: 50330110801/04/2023 - 12:17:14 Incident Identifier: gasVT0biRJ6ggIWdLPC9_A : 37af605c-dbab-4a65-a34e-c2c304b6e719

seantan2015
Explorer C

Many other people are getting this error including me. I don't think Customer Service is aware of this because I'm on hold with them and she's also confused. If you haven't booked a flight to where you're trying to go I'd book it now and then complain later to get reimbursed because this is entirely on Southwest's fault. They've had plenty of time to prepare for this so now they'll have to suffer the consequences of their mistakes by reimbursing everyone who signed up for this scam.

bec102896
Aviator A

If you act like you were to buy the ticket now are seats available? If the flight is currently sold out/unavailable then you can’t add the companion 

sada9228
Explorer C

Flights are available (three seats left) when I try to book my companion but I'm getting the same error. I've been trying four two hours and still getting the error. And when you call SW, it says they are unable to take the call and hang up. 

banthony504
Explorer C

I just got messed over..I was getting that error and canceled my existing reservation for my wife because some say that could be the issue..Everything was fine until i got an information doesn’t match error. Come to find out the auto associated my wife’s RR# to the companion pass but we have never changed the last name since we got married so it gives the error of not matching.. I didn’t tell them to use that RR# so now I had to scramble and rebook the flight for tomorrow and got charged 4x what I paid originally 

Annieband
Explorer C

I am having the same issue.  I am trying to add companion pass and getting same error notice.  It put my RR # on her reservation, I did not add it to her companion info, so have no idea why that is there and I can't get it off.   The flight is probably gonna get full before anyone answers customer service line and I will be out of luck to not fault of my own.  Nothing is working. Erg.

banthony504
Explorer C

yeah i have been on hold for almost two hours..I’m not trying to pay the price I had to pay to rebook but the trip must be made 

sada9228
Explorer C

Booking error SOLVED! Don't use Apple Pay or Pay Pal! When you get the error message just scroll down and click to confirm until it works. It took me 20-30 tries but it FINALLY worked. I saw another user got it to work this way too.