Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Companion Pass renewal timing

New Arrival

As I understand we can earn the SW Visa bonus points every 24 months.  I have not been able to get a difinitive timing answer on this from Chase. On my old card my last bonus almost 2 years ago was on my 3/25/16 statement. Can I apply now for a new SW credit card?  Is the rule I have to wait 24 months from my last bonus to apply or to actually receive the bonus?  I want to apply as soon as possible but not too early as to not qualify.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion Pass renewal timing

Top Contributor

If you can post the terms on the application you are looking at it would help us to clarify.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
Highlighted

Re: Companion Pass renewal timing

Here is what it says in the card offer details (click on Offer Details when you open this link) for the Premier:

"This product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. "

It says "this product," meaning the card, is not available, not the bonus. So I think you cannot apply for the card (and its bonus) until 24 months have passed from when you EARNED your last bonus. 

I hope that helps. I did confirm from a Chase spokesperson on my blog that the current Southwest card offers are going away for now on 4/4, so hope you can apply before then. Good luck!

Go to Travel Gal