Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass - timing of points - SW CC

lgsteenson
Explorer C

I'm about 7600 points shy of my Companion Pass for the year.  However, do charges through 12/31 apply towards the points or just the amounts paid towards the statements apply?  The statement due 12/24 just covers November activity - will I get credit towards my 2017 companion pass with the December activity, paid off in January?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion Pass - timing of points - SW CC

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

charges through your CC statement closing date will be calculated and added.  My statement closing date is a few days after the payment due date.  I usually have the RR points in my account a day or two after that closing date.  Look at your past statements and compare with when you received the points in your RR account.  Should give you a good idea of when your December points will show in your RR account.  

Hope this helps!

lgsteenson
Explorer C

@PDFelter, that is very helpful.  My closing date is on the 27th of the month, so I should be good since it will capture purchases up to that date.  I just confirmed that so far, only 11 RR point deposits have been made to my account.  Hey, a free companion - makes a huge difference to look at the details.  Thanks for the help!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @lgsteenson,

Your January statement will not count toward 2016. Anything that is on that statement will count toward your 2017 accumulations. Hope that helps!

lgsteenson
Explorer C

So none of my December charging activity counts?  What if I pay towards my current balance to make up for the 1500 points I'll need?  I assumed any purchases made through the calendar year would apply towards the Companion pass.

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

The credit card company only reports 1 time/month for the amount you spent during the billing cycle.  It has nothing to do with how much you pay on your account, it's all based on charges.  Hoping your cutoff date is prior to the end of the year so you can get those points! 

It sure does pay to look at all the details and to work it the best you can.  I'll get the companion pass with my 12/26 CC statement.  Excited to have it for another year!  Best of luck to you!