Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass

ok529
Explorer A

Thanks to SWA for doing the right thing and extending Companion through 2021! The points and credits are really nice as well. Starting to feel the Love!

soxfan82
Adventurer C

re: Ok529

I'd probably be saying that too if I earned CP in 2019 and was still using it 2.5 years later lol.
But for those of us who earned it in 2020, this means nothing.

rwrubio
Explorer C

Exactly. Not sure why those who earned the pass in 2020 are not also getting a 6 month extention.

Angelalynnp
Explorer C

I just got off the phone with them,  I am beyond upset!! Thanks for giving us 6 months of flying during the worst part of the pandemic!! They also wouldn't give me the other 6 months  because I was short 1800 points that came in a few days late.  I have over 170k points and I don't even want to fly with them if this is the way you treat your loyal customers.  I have had companion pass for years due to my loyalty!! And customer relations was RUDE about it! She told me I can't speak to anyone else and basically I should be grateful for the 6 months.  

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Sorry, but if you didn't get enough points, you shouldn't get the pass.  Not sure why everyone feels the rules don't apply just because you are "loyal".  

I've been in your shoes and short less than 100 points one year.  I learned the lesson and never have done that again.  

soxfan82
Adventurer C

Today they extended Companion Pass thru December 2021, which is great for people whose pass would have expired in 2020 (since they already had extended it thru June, 2021).

However, if you earned their pass in 2020 like I did - I earned mine in March 2020 just before everything got crazy -  then you already earned the pass thru December 2021 anyway. But you're losing the same time to actually use it as everyone else - without the benefit of having gotten to use it for a year before COVID.

Thus, I would like to see the same benefit extended to people who earned the pass in 2020, in terms of tacking on extra time to the pass to use it later. In this case that would be extending it thru December 31, 2022.

rwrubio
Explorer C

Agree. Those who earned the CP in 2020 should also be given extra time to use it considering the pandemic. 2019 CP earners are being very rewarded.

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

I think all who agree with this message should show their love, so Southwest knows we are dedicated fliers.