Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass

kkempster
Explorer C

I earn a companion pass every year by using my Southwest Visa for my business.  I earn points for the amount I spend on the visa card.  I understand 2020 was a strange year with COVID and prevented many from traveling but it doesn't change the fact I spent over $125k on my Southwest Visa to earn a companion pass.  I have other business credit cards with cash back rewards I could have used instead. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kkempster wrote:

I earn a companion pass every year by using my Southwest Visa for my business.  I earn points for the amount I spend on the visa card.  I understand 2020 was a strange year with COVID and prevented many from traveling but it doesn't change the fact I spent over $125k on my Southwest Visa to earn a companion pass.  I have other business credit cards with cash back rewards I could have used instead. 

You earn companion pass every year????

So what difference does it make to you if Southwest never extends ANY companion pass??

jlthompson0522
Explorer C

Hi - new to the forum so apologies if this was asked and answered - 

I timed my companion pass qualification last year (2020) to hit as early in the year as possible so that I would have a large % of 2020 plus all of 2021. My timing was unfortunately March of 2020. Could not get much worse. I feel that I have basically missed out on my 9 mos of 2020 plus a lot of 2021 as people are just now starting to travel.

Am I SOL or is there hope that my CP might get extended? Southwest seems to be extending everything else, and this is a large chunk of time and money

Thanks for any info!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jlthompson0522 The extension that was offered was for people with Dec 31, 2020 expirations so at this point there is no extension available for you.  With full flights and vaccines available I highly doubt any other extensions will be made.  What you choose to do is up to you, but I would count on your CP expiring Dec 31, 2021 as currently scheduled.

--TheMiddleSeat

jlthompson0522
Explorer C

i was afraid you were going to say that - any way to take it up the ladder of complaints with southwest? would be nice not to lose 9 months...ty again!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jlthompson0522 There's always the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.  I personally would choose the email or snail mail method. 

--TheMiddleSeat

ok529
Explorer A

By the way the Southwest website call both A-list and Companion benefits and Companion is listed as a step above A-List Preferred. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ok529 wrote:

By the way the Southwest website call both A-list and Companion benefits and Companion is listed as a step above A-List Preferred. 

My previous post quotes the Southwest site. Nowhere does it list CP as a tier above A-List.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

🤣

Companion Pass

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

In life, I've learned that when there is an odd number of people eating a pizza with an even number of slices, SOMEBODY, wants that odd slice regardless of how hungry everyone is.  

For what it's worth this topic has been discussed multiple times, with the same qualified information still presented.  EVERYONE, with a RR point account, was given 25K points, If you already had a CP and/or Alist & AList P, you got that extended.  AND, everyone knew 5 months ago when, why, and how they will expire.  Yet here we are 6 months and 5 topic threads later still scratching our heads.  

Everyone have a great day.