Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

Again, people that earned companion pass in 2019, received a pass good for 2020. The earning was for a 2020 pass - anything else happened to be a bonus. When it became obvious that 2020 pass holders would not e able to use the 2020 pass as much as user thought they would Southwest extended the 2020 pass into 2021.

Same for 2020. People were vying to earn a 2021 pass. Everything else was a bonus

If virus problems extend much into 2021, perhaps Southwest will extend 2021 pass holders in the same way as it did 2020 passholders.  Southwest did not do the 2020 extension right when the virus hit. It took the airline more than 2 months to do so.

Give Southwest time to figure it out

rwrubio
Explorer C

I agree. I earned my CP in Feb 2020 and would like it extended into 2022 considering I was unable to use it for much of 2020 due to the pandemic.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@rwrubio wrote:

I agree. I earned my CP in Feb 2020 and would like it extended into 2022 considering I was unable to use it for much of 2020 due to the pandemic.

So you earned a 2021 CP in 2020.  

Maybe Southwest should simply let 2021 passes be effective on 1/1/21, or 2022 passes on 1/1/22, etc. - regardless of when"earned."

Why should a 2021 pass be good for any time other than 2021?

gsking
Aviator C

Sigh, I'm tired of all the complaining.   

You all got a bonus from Southwest.  You got more than they were contractually obligated to provide to you. 

YOU made a decision to not fly.   YOU decided to not take advantage of lower fares on planes that were still flying.   YOU made a decision to stay home.   No one else did (with very few exceptions).

I lost count of the number of CP flights I took last year.  The flights were so cheap.   I have the family in Hawaii right now for about $80 a person.  Our first LUNCH cost more than our airfare. 

I also earned CP this year.   So, just like YOU,  the free one year extension did me ZERO good. 

So rather than complaining,  get off your sofa and fly.   Support SWA instead of complaining you're not getting enough free benefits. 

Some people's kids...

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

please dont speak for everyone. I have be flying.

gsking
Aviator C

@Jsmjeff wrote:

please dont speak for everyone. I have be flying.

Wow,  so you admit you HAVE been flying with the CP, and you're STILL complaining that you're not getting a good enough extension? 

@Jsmjeff wrote:

I earned my companion pass for 2021 in April of 2020. Worked very hard at it. Have not been able to take advantage of the extra benifit do to the virus. I sure hope Southwest takes another look and offers an exstension.

Thank you

Jeff

Hmm,  here you said otherwise.   You can understand my confusion. 

I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to speak for you.   I wasn't.   I don't really understand that level of greed,  so my comments wouldn't really apply to you. 

My apologies.