Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass

jb49
Explorer A

My Companion Pass expires 2/23. In order to have the Pass in 2023 when do I have to qualify with points or trips?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Companion Pass

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You must qualify within each calendar year.

So if you qualify this year, your CP will be good for the rest of 2022 and 2023.

If you qualify in  2023, then your CP will be valid for the rest of 2023 and 2024.

jb49
Explorer A

Thanks! 

I'm working to qualify with 125,000 points. If I don't have the total by the end of 2022 do those points roll over or would I lose them and have to accumulate 125,000 by the time the pass expires 2.23?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm afraid that you would lose them.

Hint if you are using a Chase card to earn points, contact Chase now to move your billing date to say the 26th of the month. That way all Christmas shopping will add to your points with your December 26 statement.

You have to do this before your November statement is issued. Chase will not let you change the billing date of the current statement - just the next one.

Also a bunch of hotels issue huge numbers of points  - some as much as 10,000. In case you need it, Keep that in your back pocket.

jb49
Explorer A

Thanks for that info!

Does SW count purchase points when my bill is paid or when Chase posts them? Since Chase posts the points almost a month after I've paid my bill would December pymt go towards 2022 credit?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Points post to your RR account a few days after your statement closes.  This is why it was suggested you move your statement date now to better account for December purchases.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jb49 wrote:

Thanks for that info!

Does SW count purchase points when my bill is paid or when Chase posts them? Since Chase posts the points almost a month after I've paid my bill would December pymt go towards 2022 credit?

That's exactly why he said 26th as opposed to the 30th. Five days should be enough. (Still no guarantee but that's a reasonable amount of time that seems to work in the past.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.