Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass

5kidmom
Explorer C

Can I book thru RR Partner - Rocketmiles to accrue points for a companion pass? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Companion Pass

franktravel
Aviator B

"Purchased points, transferred points transferred between members, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from program enrollment, tier bonus points, flight bonus points, and partner bonus points (with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not qualify as Companion Pass qualifying points."

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Base points from hotel stays booked through Rocketmiles do count towards Companion Pass. Bonus points do not.

aaronjim
Explorer C

What counts as base points and what counts as bonus points? Is it similar to how southwest hotels works? 

drdooker
Explorer C

I currently have a companion pass. I would like to earn another but it seems the rules have changed.  Please let me know if I've got this right:

1.  If hotel stays and car rentals are immediately transferred to Southwest, then 600 points will be awarded for each. These count toward a companion pass. If hotel stays and car rentals are accumulated in the partners reward program and transferred en masse, they do not count toward a companion pass.

2. The base miles awarded for reserving a hotel stay on Rocketmiles or on Southwest Points Plus (through Booking.com) will count toward  a companion pass.

3. All purchases made with a Chase Southwest Visa and all purchases made through Southwest Partners Shopping page will count toward a companion pass.

4. Points awarded for flights completed and Chase Southwest Visa incentive points count toward a companion pass.

Have I got this right? Are there any other routes to earning companion pass points?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

All those sound right to me. 

beccafries
Explorer C

Yea # 2 I was wondering about.... on the SW hotel part.... when I click HOTELs...and

book a hotel that way and it says earn up to xxx for stay....that means it goes toward 

companion pass??